Monday

I don't have much time to post, but wanted to go ahead and at least show up (mom, this is mostly for you since you check every day). We're very busy at work and students start arriving this week. I sat through a 4 hour meeting this morning, which was long enough to make my butt go to sleep and then just plain hurt! One very positive thing about today, though, is my great friend Kathy started work here, and I'm so excited! We were roommates in college, were in each other's weddings and she is one of my best friends, even though we often have gone 6 months without speaking! I have friends here at work, one in particular who is very dear to me, but there's just something about an old friend. You know each other's quirks and funny stories and history. I am so looking forward to having her here on campus.

Our weekend was quite uneventful and involved laundry, cleaning house, and finishing up the first season of 24. What a cliffhanger! I can't wait for season #2 to arrive on my doorstep thanks to Netflix.

Camden started his new class today. He's moved into the 3 year class and has a sweet new teacher, although we already miss Mrs. Jennifer. I actually completely avoided going to school on Friday because I couldn't face the goodbye with Mrs. Jennifer on Camden' s last day. She was already torn up earlier in the week and Brian told me she cried when he dropped Camden off, and I just couldn't handle it! On our way in to class this morning, we passed a flower arrangement and Camden said, "Oh, what booootiful flowers!"

One more quick funny story. Last night at church we had a Veggie Tales Pre-release party, which means we had the newest Veggie Tales before it's available to the public and showed it on a big screen with free drinks and popcorn and lots of people. It finishes up, and Brian goes to the front to give away some door prizes. It gets quiet. Then you hear Camden (quite distressed) say, "But, daddy, I'm not finished with my popcorn yet."


Here are two layouts from this weekend. I have more, but can't get them uploaded right now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5