Temper, temper, temper

My morning started off with a bang! We woke up at 4:20 a.m. to a loud banging on our bedroom door. It was Camden wide awake and ready to get up. We put him back in bed, only to have a repeat performance at 5:30. Now this time, he actually REFUSED to get back in bed. He may throw the occasional fit, but it is a rare occurrence for him to actually tell us no and refuse something. Of course, there was no way we let him get away with that so our morning turned into a big battle between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. He did go back to sleep briefly and got up at 6:30 and was very, very sweet.

Brian is in class 3 nights a week and so on those nights, I pick up Camden, we go home and have our normal routine, but Camden doesn't see Brian on those nights. Well, he has picked up on the fact that if mommy is picking him up, it means daddy won't be around. So this morning he asked who was picking him up from school. When I said that I was, his poor little face just puckered up and he started crying. He was heartbroken. I tried to assure him that daddy would be home tonight, he just couldn't pick him up from school, but I'm not sure he understood. It was sad!

Now for a cute story! Last night I told Camden that we needed to pray for grandpa because his shoulder was hurt (he has a torn rotator cuff). Camden immediately said, "Oh, I want to go to his house and kiss it." He was very sympathetic!

I'm headed to Curves this morning, to get my hair trimmed, and then to work for the afternoon. I may try to stop by Gymboree and check out their sale if I have time. Camden has no fall clothes! It's not cool enough yet for long sleeves, but it will be in the next month or so. Here are a couple of layouts I managed to get done last night!

Scraplift of Gina Miller.
Papers and elements by Carrie Stephens
Buttons by Jen Wilson and Amanda Rockwell

Humbug kit by Dianne Rigdon, Stitching by Gina Miller

Wild Sorbet kit by Carrie Stephens and Dianne Rigdon

Comments

Becky said…
That breaks my heart for poor Camden, being so sad not to see his daddy!!! Of course, the morning doesn't sound like it was much fun either! Talk to you soon--give Camden a kiss from his cousins!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel