Good news!

Becky is doing very well. I talked to her this morning and she sounded great. I'll just admit that if this were me, I'm pretty sure I'd be wallowing in self-pity right now. She just amazes me! Camden prayed last night that "Aunt Becky would be . . . . unworse." He had to think hard about what word to use because we told him the surgery was over, but that we still needed to pray for her.

That's not really the good news I was going to share, though. It is adoption related, but there's no baby so don't get too excited. When I checked the mail Monday there was a letter from Shaohannah's Hope, which is the adoption foundation that Steven Curtis Chapman started. They're giving us a $3,000 grant! God has really blessed us as we've gone through this process. He's blessed us with wonderful family and friends and he has blessed us financially. Now all we need is a baby!

Camden has been on the verge of sick all week. We even had to pull out the inhaler/albuterol for him this week. He hasn't needed it since last November so I thought we were maybe finished with it. He did seem some better this morning so hopefully he's on the road to recovery. :)

I am more excited than is probably reasonable that Survivor China starts up tonight. I'm a huge Survivor fan anyway, but I'm excited to see more of the country of China. Camden is also a Survivor fan - he always re-enacts the challenges on the living room floor!


Comments

Karen said…
AWESOME news... Glad to hear Becky is doing well AND about the grant. That's so cool!!!!!!! (My heart did jump when you said you had adoption news!)
Chris said…
congratulations on the grant- how absolutely wonderful!
love the vignette on the photo on the top layout! You are just rockin' the Lightroom! :D
Wendy said…
Congrats on the Grant, Melissa! That is awesome! Your sis is one amazing lady! Continuted prayers for her as she recovers! God Bless!
Anonymous said…
I am so happy for you guys! GOD is so good. Now we just have to get the baby here to spoil:) Glad to hear Becky is doing well. She is amazing. See you Sunday! Mayme

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)