Zoo

We had so much fun at the zoo yesterday. The weather was perfect, and the kids loved it. I think Camden enjoyed being with the other kids as much as he liked seeing the animals. One of the mothers brought along two friends with her: the girl is 9 and the boy is 13. They were the most responsible, well-mannered, helpful, sweet kids I have ever seen in my life. It was amazing. The 13 year old boy helped corral the babies, was a good friend to the bigger boys and was just incredible. As I was telling Brian about it last night, I told him that the mothers were all asking where we could get one just like him, and Camden piped up and said, "Good news, mommy. You've got one when I grow up."

The whole group: two almost 2-year olds, a 2 year old, a 5 year old,
a 6 year old, a 9 year old and a 13 year old. We are quite the entourage!


Caden and Rory (the little boy who was with her in Korea)
Enjoying her corn dog
We made it home yesterday afternoon just in time to crash for a little while and then headed out to Logan's to celebrate 5 years with Camden. He thoroughly enjoyed himself and ate his body weight in peanuts.
We're headed to the hospital today to get a chest x-ray for Rory. I am seriously dreading it. Pretty sure I'll be making a Starbucks run to help me get through it. Maybe a "Winnie's" chicken mcnuggets and "dip" will help Rory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel