Happy Easter

I am exhausted this morning! Our weekend was jam packed full of activities. Actually, last week was full. The fact that I saw my in-laws 7 out of the last 8 days is only one indication as to how many activities we had.

I spent some time shopping (alone!) Friday and because of severe storms and tornado warnings was stranded in a DSW Shoes for an hour. It worked out pretty well for me since I walked out of the store with 2 new pair of shoes I hadn't planned to buy! Friday night we attended the Good Friday service, and it was lovely. I especially enjoyed the worship time (and completely wish we did that at our church!). Of course, since I'm the piano player, it might be my responsibility to work that up, and I'm completely incapable. Saturday we met three other adoptive families at a Korean restaurant, and while I may have almost collapsed from the smell of the cod and tofu stew the person next to me ate and recoiled in horror from the squid tentacles in the seafood onion pancake the person across from me ate, I completely enjoyed my bulgogi, rice, and fried dumplings.

We finished up lunch just in time to rush to the ball field for baseball practice, followed by a baseball game. Camden had a tougher time paying attention this game, but we still won (our first win!).

We had a good Easter service at church, followed by an egg hunt at church, then lunch at Gram and Gramp's house and another little family Easter egg hunt just for Rory and Camden. They had lots of fun although Rory wasn't quite sure why we were picking up Easter eggs.

Brian is off today, which is good since he seems to have come down with a cold and this will give him a chance to recover. I spent about an hour picking up the house this morning, but plan to take it easy the rest of the day and just enjoy having us all home.

I had too many pictures to post them all in one day so I'll have to work up another picture post for tomorrow.

I love the pout on her face. She couldn't figure out how to open up the piece of gum
(which I wasn't going to let her have anyway).

She slung that basket over her shoulder like a purse.
Picking up eggs

Emma and Rory
Look at Kyra's sweet smile while Rory steals an egg right out from under her nose

Camden is adorable with Emma. He just loves her. The other day he told me out of the blue that he thinks her fingers are so cute.
Mayme has started calling him her future son-in-law.


Camden and Dawson

Rory and Mommy
(ignore the hair - the wind was crazy)


I'm so irritated that I didn't use the right lens for these pictures and they turned out dark and grainy.

Are they sweet or what!

Our family with Aunt Liz and Uncle Michael

Our family with Gram and Gramps
More pictures tomorrow. . . . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah for pictures. Thanks for posting today and I'll look forward to tomorrow. I cannot imagine the pictures being any better with another lense!!!
Love, Mom
Anonymous said…
Great pictures! We really enjoyed the day! Hope this week slows down a little for you!

Love,

Brenda
Anonymous said…
I concur - what great family shots! Happy Easter!
M :-) said…
Fabulous photos. You have such a beautiful family.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)