Love/Hate Relationship

I have a love/hate relationship with the clothes line. (I know, it's a silly thing to even think about.) The frugal part of me (it's not a very big part of me) knows that it saves electricity, saves wear and tear on our washer and dryer, etc. Not to mention Brian really likes the smell. Personally, I hate the smell of outdoors and the number of bugs that I bring inside in the clothes makes me crazy. Every year I resolve to just do the extra work (and it seriously takes forever!) and use the clothes line when possible. And I stick it out for a couple of weeks and then just give up and use the dryer. Considering that it was roasting outside yesterday, I had a wasp land on my shoulder and a huge spider crawl down my arm while folding the clothes, I've decided that yesterday was the one and only time for the clothes line this year. Brian will just have to go back to smelling Gain instead of that outdoor scent.

The kids played so well yesterday. While I spent half the day with the clothes line, they ran around like monkeys and played in the dirt. I'm thinking there was no fighting at all yesterday, which is most definitely a first. Rory LOVES to be outside and begs to play outside all day long. I am not an outdoorsy girl myself and Camden was in preschool when he was younger so it's a fairly new experience to have to spend hours in the yard. Not sure how I'm supposed to get any housework done if we're outside so we're both going to compromise a bit.

Gina Miller: Bookworm

Comments

Joy said…
Melissa - too funny! I hated the way the towels ended up "crunchy" off the clothesline as a kid. OUt of the dryer was much softer! :)

Ellis and Sumner are the same way -outside all day! Not much to do in our tiny little yard though. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel