So, where to begin about our weekend? How about the baseball game that Camden and his team WON on Friday night! Every single player got a hit; Camden had 2 doubles and 2 runs; he got a couple of players out at first base. The parents and coaches from the other team, however, were L.O.S.E.R.S. I've never seen adults scream and yell at kids this way in my life! They were really unbelievable. The head coach was almost kicked out of the game (and he probably should have been). Thank goodness that Camden and the other players on our team were completely unaware of how the adults were acting. And I'm so thankful that we don't have any parents on our team who behave that way!

Saturday morning we decided to hit the city-wide yard sales. If you know us, then you know that for as much as Brian loves yard sales, I hate them just as much. But I decided to take one for the team and go along with the family. As usual, we were pretty unsuccessful at buying other people's junk although I did come away with a cute Gap dress and headband for Rory as well as a little pink bicycle so I guess it was worth it. And note to self: you might want to try actually showering and cleaning up because in a small town it's likely you'll run into people you know at E.V.E.R.Y. single stop you make (including blog friends you've never met in real life until now!).


Let's see. Saturday was a big day. not only did we hit the yard sales, but we also finally purchased a treadmill and the ginormous piece of exercise equipment is now living in our family room. We then hit the local pizza place for supper, came home, and used the treadmill!

There's good news and bad news on the potty training front. The good news is that Rory has been dry the last 3 nights. The bad news is that she's been waking up early screeching, "my need to go POTTY!" very early each morning (and there is no going back to bed once she's awake!).

We made a wonderful discovery in the Lewis household on Friday. Safety scissors. Rory sat down with a piece of paper and a pair of safety scissors and spent an HOUR cutting it into pieces. Seriously. I've decided it's going to become a daily activity.

Be prepared for some serious cuteness ahead (both the dress and the girl). I ordered this dress from Addywear (an Etsy shop) and just love it! She was so easy to work with and let me choose the fabrics, the design, etc. You can see other samples of her work here and here; if you decide to order, make sure to tell her I sent you so I can get a coupon for my next order.




Laundry and house cleaning are on the agenda for today. Oh, and putting this giant treadmill to work.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is such a cute dress! Have to go check out the Etsy shop and see if there is anything for a little boy...
Maria said…
Love the new bloggy look. I didn't notice you hadn't showered! You looked great to me -- especially considering how hot it was Saturday!!
KrisJ said…
I have found with sports that there is at least 1 team per season where the coaches and parents are horrible! I LOVE the dress, we have some Addywear here too and I love what she does with fabric and how she mix/matches! SO CUTE!!
Jen said…
I love hanging my clothes out but I hate the bugs too!! So I just throw the clothes in the dryer for 5-10 min. It gets the wrinkles out and KILLS the bugs!!

I love the pics of your kids.

They are adorable:~)
Kellie said…
That dress is ADORABLE!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)