2nd Annual Camping Trip

We woke up this morning at 4:45 to Rory yelling saying "mommy, I ready to get uuuupppppp." Thank goodness Brian was already awake because I couldn't manage to drag myself out of bed. She's back down now and sleeping peacefully.

We seem to be back to square 1 with Camden on the swimming front. At the pool Friday, he wanted to jump in as long as you're there to catch him. He's so concerned with not getting water on his face/head that he refuses to try to actually move his arms or legs in the right way. It is maddening because he absolutely would not even try (despite being tossed in by Brian on multiple occasions), and he spent most of the afternoon sitting on the side of the pool. It's something we've noticed about him for several years now - if it's hard, he refuses to try. We work with him quite a bit on this and while he's slowly improving, I have a feeling kindergarten will be a wake-up call for him. We've tried to explain (and not just about swimming) that it's not about how successful he is at the task, it's about doing your best and trying your hardest. So far, not sinking in.

Brian and Camden leave for their second annual birthday camping trip this morning. I think it's a toss-up as to who is more excited. Rory, on the other hand, is not thrilled about being left behind although she's convinced that we're going to spend our time eating ice cream and shopping. I actually do have errands lined up for us each day, and I'm happy to have some one-on-one time with her. While staying outdoors for 48 hours seems like the worst idea ever for me, Brian and Camden think it sounds like a little slice of heaven (which is why it's a father/son trip). I'm very glad the rain seems to be over, and I hope they're able to have a wonderful time.


Kristen Rice: Clarity

Zoe Pearn: Some Like It Hot

Comments

Paula said…
Sooo cute! I think this "summer" page is one of my favorite pages you have on your blog...love your style. You are such a inspiration to me. When I sit down to scrap I always look for ideas on your blog first.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)