Whatever Works

I remember on our first night together noticing that Rory's foster mother had her nails cut down just as far as possible. We quickly learned why - she scratches like crazy. In the winter her skin is definitely dry, but even when it's not dry, she scratches. And I mean scratches herself until she bleeds. Her back is covered in little scars that I can only hope eventually go away. We've tried everything: slathering her up in every lotion/cream/ointment imaginable, putting long, tight p.j.'s on her. Most recently, the threat of not painting her fingernails or toenails has worked. Unfortunately, she's back on the scratch wagon and so last night I covered her in band aids (the really adhesive kind) and so far so good. I realized a little too late that if they're the really sticky kind, getting them off might be a bit painful and then I'll never get her to agree to band aids again.


Camden's third day of school was downgraded to just "good." I think they had more of a regular schedule and he more work to do than normal. :) And funny story. He had his first ever spelling practice test yesterday so I asked him about it as soon as he got in the car. He said it was just "okay" so I asked him how many he missed thinking that since this was his first one he got distracted or just didn't pay attention, etc. He replied, "I didn't miss any plus I got the bonus words right, but it doesn't even count because it was just practice." Apparently no reason to worry about his report card if he's not even satisfied when he gets a 100.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel