Korean Dress-Up

So when I say it's been 4 years since I put this hanbok on Rory, I was not kidding. I tried to look for the picture of her wearing it, but couldn't quickly locate it so you'll have to just trust me.

And I didn't think Monday's shoot was going to be very successful. I tried lots of different locations trying to find the least brown spots in our yard.

It was super windy and that hanbok is drafty so most of them turned out a little like this (and I didn't even bother editing all these throw-aways):

DSC_2841

And then we've got goofy girl

DSC_2870

Serious girl

DSC_2875

Are we done yet?

DSC_2976

Dancing girl

DSC_2970

There's that wind again

DSC_2926

Ta-Da!

DSC_2918

DSC_2915

Blowing her pageant kiss. Yes, Toddlers & Tiaras is still haunting us.

DSC_2890

Occasionally, the stars all lined up, and I got something like this one.

DSC_2868

DSC_2857

But the ones I really love are these final two. Mostly because they're so true to her, but also because I've been reading about how to take pictures in less than ideal situations (such as 11:00 in the morning with way too much sunlight) and I've been trying to figure out this natural haze effect. And I did it! These are straight from the camera using my beautiful 70-200 lens. Settings were f2.8, ISO 200, 1/160 SS. We were in deep shade of the house with the sun directly behind her. The way the lens was tilted made this beautiful soft haze, and I kind of just adore it. And, yes, I made my favorites huge on purpose. :)

DSC_2830

Total pageant girl :)

DSC_2834

She promptly asked me to send these to Mrs. Park (her foster mother who bought her the hanbok), and, of course, I agreed to do it as soon as possible! Now maybe I won't wait another 4 years before breaking out the hanbok.

Comments

She looks so beautiful in her hanbok. Mrs. Park will be very proud!
These are ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!! I LOVE THEM. LOVE. And you better believe I'll be reading up on this whole "haze" thing! ;-)
Amanda said…
They're all beautiful, Melissa!! She is such a beautiful little model for you!
KrisJ said…
ADORE EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!! Now I MUST go do Malias!!
Krista said…
I can't believe she still fits in her hanbok! Pink is just her colour.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel