Tuesday's Tidbits

If you want to feel good about yourself, watch a couple of episodes of Toddlers & Tiara's. I promise you'll feel better about your own parenting.

Of course, if you then allow your own 5 year old daughter to watch an episode with you, the parenting level goes waaaaay down.

I think my hair is coming back with a little curl in it. The longer pieces on top (and by long I mean not bald) curl the opposite way of how they're supposed to lay. I always knew that growing it back would be worse than not actually having any hair.

I've recently discovered The Chew, and I've decided I want to to go a taping and sit on the front row so I can taste all the food they cook. I love Michael Simon, Carla from Top Chef, and Clinton Kelly.

Rory asked Jesus into her heart last night. She's been asking for over a year, but we knew she did not have a clear understanding. But finally last night she knew the answers, could explain to us what it meant. Afterwards, she walked over to me and said, "mama, now I'm just like the rest of my family. I feel so special and happy."

Brian's co-worker, Sarah, made us these adorable owl hats. I might just have squealed in delight when I opened the package. I am definitely printing this picture and putting it my bedroom since the hats match the new color scheme.
DSC_2499

I'm a scrapping demon these days - trying to get caught up!

Gina Marie Huff: Everyday Life
012711_fwipped-web

Comments

Angie said…
That is so wonderful about Rory! It's the best feeling as a parent to know that your child has accepted Christ as their Savior! Her comment to you after is precious!! We will be praying for her as she begins her journey as a Christian.

I love the owl hats and the picture!
Jessie said…
Yay Rory ... I know the Angels are celebrating in Heaven with her decision. I LOVE the Chew, I am a huge Top Chef fan and adore Carla!! Happy Tuesday!
Monica said…
LOVE the owl hats! And I had been wondering whether or not your hair is growing in curly. My aunt and 2 other friends both had their hair come back curly (the curl lasted 1-2 years) after chemo. Both had really straight hair before. And rejoicing with you again about Rory's decision. How awesome!
Tia said…
Yeah for Rory! :) I prayed for you to have a joyous day this morning!
That is so wonderful about Rory accepting Jesus.

Love the owl hats and adore The Chew. We tape it every day and watch it in the evening.
Amy said…
That is such wonderful news about Rory! And what she said afterwards is absolutely precious! Love those hats and the picture!
Terra said…
Those owl hats are so adorable and is just love that layout of Rory, totally made me smile.
Yay, Rory!
And I adore those hats and the picture of your family wearing them.
Anonymous said…
YAY! I'm so glad you like the hats! And YAYAYAYAY about Rory! That's an awesome feeling to know your babies will all be going home with you.
Joy said…
Yay-what wonderful news about Rory! So happy for her and all of you!

Love the owl hats - totally need one of those here!
Sarah Taylor said…
So happy for Rory!!! Happy spiritual birthday, little sister!!
Grace said…
oh, my heart! tears thinking about your sweet rory...so beautiful!
and goodness gracious, i love that photo of your family in those awesome hats!
i need to check out the chew...haven't seen it before but i love carla and clinton, too!

p.s. i passed on an award to you!
Oh man... I must be better about explaining Jesus. I'm sooooo thrilled for Rory though!!! And, uh, is Brian's co-worker selling those hats?!? I would buy one in a heartbeat!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel