Cautiously Optimistic

I think cautiously optimistic is how we're all feeling after my appointment with Dr. W today. He examined me and said he didn't feel anything unusual and he was very pleased with how well I've been feeling. He drew blood, specifically for the CA125 test and if that comes back stable, then he said he would see me again in 2 months. Let me just say that again. TWO MONTHS. I truly, truly thought he was going to tell me that chemo would begin again next week.

While I feel really good about the visit, I will feel a whole lot better after we get the CA125 results back, probably not until Monday but possibly as early as Friday. Dr. W also told me that while typically when cancer is gone, it disappears from the scans, it is possible for the cancer to just calcify (which it looks as if mine has done) and that generally calcifications happen in his younger patients. Obviously, the trick is knowing whether or not they're calcified all the way through or whether it's just the outside that is calcified.

Thank you for all the prayers. While my blood pressure was 160 over 102 (yikes!), I really felt calm this morning. My mom, Rory, and I spent a fun few hours racing around Nashville grocery shopping, Trader Joe-ing, and meeting my friend Tina for lunch at The Local Taco Co. then arrived back home in time for me to feed Addison (hurray for me!).

And, yes, this would be our "cautiously optimistic" faces. :)
DSC_3671

Comments

Mayme said…
Praying for those CA 125 numbers to be LOW!
Praising Jesus!! I'll take cautiously optimistic any day! Continuing to pray.
Anonymous said…
Awesome!!!!!
Gma Elledge
X said…
Love the cautiously optimistic faces! Love this news! praying for low CA#'s and complete calcification. Always praying here for you and will continue :) !!!!
Krista said…
Low, low, low!! Yes!
Joan B said…
cautiously optimistic is fabulous!!
Vicky said…
I'm seriously teary eyed and holding my breath along with you. Every time someone has even the hint of a victory it just increases my hope... omg 2 MONTHS... incredible :)
Karen said…
You be cautious. I'll just be optimistic!! This is SUCH exciting news! I will pray specifically that you have are thoroughly calcified. ;-)
I can't wait to read your Praise Jesus blog soon. Praying for wonderful results.
Amy said…
Wonderful news! Praying for that CA125 level to be super low!!!
Lindsey Carney said…
Woohoo!!
Congrats!!! That sounds like good news!!
bodegalee said…
Woooo Hooo....loving that news and loving that pic! ((HUGS)) thinking of you! :)
See you in 2 months?? That must have been an amazing thing to hear from your doctor!!!!
KrisJ said…
Come on good numbers!!! I like being any type of optimistic even if its cautious!
AND NOW IT'S OPTIMISTIC ALL THE WAY!!! (I am really excited, can you tell?!)
astonied said…
That is fantastic news!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)