Super Bowl Party

We had a big event at our house last night: Addison's first Super Bowl party. :) We always watch the game with Michael and Liz and usually Brian's parents as well, pull out lots of really good food and have a great time. Last night was Addison's first Super Bowl and Camden and Rory were extremely excited. My mom got to be there as well. I ended up skipping most of the game because I was much too busy holding Addison.

DSC_3824

DSC_3807

Watching the big game.
DSC_3831

Holding Addison for the first time. I have to tell this quick story. Camden has had a cold so when we've been with Addison since she came home last week we haven't let him touch her. Wednesday Rory and I went over for a little while and Rory got to hold Addison. At supper that night, Rory said the best part of her day was holding Addison. Camden said the worst thing of his day was Rory holding Addison. Then when we went over for supper Thursday night, I looked at Camden in the back seat, and he had one lone tear rolling down his cheek (right after we'd reminded him that he couldn't hold her yet).
DSC_3840

DSC_3843

DSC_3852

DSC_3851

Uncle Brain (yes, misspelled on purpose)
DSC_3858

On my lap and wide awake after a bath.
DSC_3866

DSC_3865

With Grandma
DSC_3864
Photography note: Because it was after dark and inside, I had to use my widest aperture (which is 1.4) on my lens. Notice that with that small area of focus, I could only get one person in focus at a time, but at least they are properly exposed.


And just in case you're interested in our menu, here are some links.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough dip - I didn't love this, but everyone else did
Cheese and Bacon Potato Rounds - my favorite thing of the night
Butterfinger Blondies - these were really good
Buffalo Chicken Dip - we didn't use this exact recipe, but it's close
Pizza Pepperoni dip (recipe below)

Pizza Pepperoni Dip
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup miracle whip
1/2 chopped onion
1 can chopped mushroom
1 cup chopped pepperoni
1 small can ripe olives, chopped
1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
1/2 cup green olives, chopped

Combine all ingredients. Bake in 11x7 or 8x8 baking dish at 350 degrees until brown and bubbly. Serve with crackers or chips.

Comments

Vicky said…
Oh that Camden, bless his heart- love that tiny story and the big satisfaction that comes through the photo of him finally getting to hold Addison. Wow, I did good getting pizzas in the oven- you had a feast!
Unknown said…
I love reading your blog...for many reasons....but I cannot wait to try this chicken dip recipe. Thanks It seems so fun at your house!!!! Are you having any clothing sales coming up???
Tia said…
So happy to see baby Addison! Tell Liz I said hi and congrats on her sweet little girl! So beautiful!
Camden is so sweet and sensitive! Love him!
Renee T. said…
The pictures of Camden holding baby Addison are so sweet :)

Renee
KrisJ said…
OMG those photos are delish and precious!! And how did I miss that she went home!! YAAAA what a sweety!
Oh, Camden always melts my heart!!! I'm so glad he finally got to hold her!! And wow - what a menu... I'm drooling!
Amy said…
Addison is soo precious! I'm so glad Camden was able to hold her. I know you are enjoying all of those sweet baby snuggles. That menu sounds delicious! Gonna have to try a couple of those!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel