Because Life is Never Boring

I started having some pain in my lower left abdomen Saturday night (and, no, it's not a gall bladder flare up - wrong side and location). Bad enough that I stayed on prescription pain meds Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Honestly, I didn't think that much about it until I remembered two different stories of cancer patients finding new tumors because it started to hurt and they could actually feel them. And when I called the doctor and he automatically ordered a CT scan, I started to be a little freaked out. Over the last 48 hours or so I've been convinced I feel a ginormous lump about a hundred times, and about a hundred times I've been convinced it's nothing. The pain issue is slightly complicated by the fact that my scar tissue decided to go out with a big hurray and abscessed again over the weekend, and both the scar tissue and new pain area are in the same general location.

The good news is that I didn't have any pain at all yesterday, but I'm headed to the hospital this afternoon for a CT scan, and I would definitely appreciate prayers for clean scans and for peace while we wait. I told Brian yesterday that this whole "healthy" phase I'm going through right now feels like such a fragile house of cards that could topple at any moment. I really don't want that moment to be right now.


Comments

Amy said…
Praying for you this morning, Melissa. Hope everything goes well this afternoon!
Monica said…
Praying for peace for both you and Brian! Hope you stay pain free and the inflammation clears soon!
Cheryl said…
Praying for you Melissa (and your family).
Tia said…
Praying for you today!
Kelly said…
been thinking about you so much...sending you peaceful thoughts to get you through the waiting...
Danyelle said…
Prayers going up for you right now.
Anonymous said…
Hello. I came about your profile by Google searches, I too have a CT scan comming up on Monday for lower pelvic pain. They found a mass on my left ovary during sonogram :( hope all goes well with you. - Diana
Vicky said…
Whew, okay, praying for you... I know fragile and its hard to rest very comfortably there.
Renee T. said…
Sending lots of good thoughts your way :)
Krista said…
In my thoughts and prayers!! Hugs Melissa!
Mayme said…
I'm praying for you guys. Love you all!
Brenda Shearon said…
will be praying for you, I saw that you were fasting so I thought you were having your scar tissue surgery. Praying for a clear scan and that the pain will stay away!
Linda Balthrop said…
Praying for you.
Anonymous said…
Praying continuously for you Melissa. I hope you still feel pain free. XoXo

Claire Borrero

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5