"Bestest Day Evah"

Based on my texts, emails, and FB messages, everyone else is waiting on pins and needles right along with me to hear my CA125 results. Thanks for the prayers and support! I promise to update just as soon as I know anything.

My appointment yesterday went really well. Dr. W was very pleased with me and said he will be surprised if my CA125 comes back elevated. I feel encouraged, but there's always this fine line between staying calm without getting my hopes up so that I won't crash too hard if the news is bad. Like I've mentioned before, I'm getting pretty good at taking one day at a time and not worrying about things before they happen.

Dr. W did schedule me for minor surgery April 23. He's hoping to go in and cut out the scar tissue that's been bothering me for months now. I feel like a pro at surgery by now, and this should be out-patient so I'm not too concerned. Really hoping this will finally take care of the constant abscess and that I will be able to wear normal clothes pain-free.

Dr. W also told me it was time to get back into the regularly scheduled things like a breast MRI and mammogram. Woo. Hoo. (imagine that said in the most sarcastic voice possible)

Rory and I had a whole big girl's day out planned for today, and she kept telling me that it was going to be her "bestest day eveh". I hope it was, although I think it's pretty easy to meet her low expectations. We dropped Camden off at school, went to Target to choose some play clothes, to the library to load up on books, to Trader Joe's for lots of healthy vegetables with a side of cookie butter thrown in (oh, yes, there is such a thing as cookie butter and they're usually sold out so I made sure to grab some). Then to the Nashville Children's Theater to see Click, Clack, Moo. The last time we went to the NCT Rory was terrified of the loud music of Seussical, and I didn't realize how nervous she was about it until her death grip on my hand. She quickly decided that Click, Clack, Moo was a whole lot of fun and dropped my hand.

Next up was lunch at the Pfunky Griddle. Instead of make-your-own pancakes with lots of fun toppings, she wanted grilled cheese which meant they brought us 4 slices of bread, 4 slices of cheese, and we had to grill it ourself. I felt a little let down, but Rory thought it was great. Then we stopped by Sweet CeCe's (low fat frozen yogurt; healthy, right?), off to the pharmacy, then picked Camden up from school.

Anyone else exhausted yet? Cause I sure am.

This would be the "aw, Mom, do you have to pull out the camera right now?"
DSC_6993

Why, yes, yes, I do.
DSC_6995

DSC_6996

DSC_6998

DSC_7001




Comments

That does sound like the bestest day evah! Enjoy these days when such simple things complete a child's idea of the "bestest"! Praying this morning for calm and peace for you today.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful news, beautiful daughter! Xo bev noerr
X said…
yay for the bestest day evah! been shooting up prayers for you ... always on my mind. xoxo
That sounds like a fabulous way to wait for news! And it looks like Rory really did have a Bestest Day!
Krista said…
What a great girls day!
Can totally hear the sarcasm- buy yeah to back to normal activities!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel