Cute Girls

Yesterday was a busy, busy day with a full morning, rush to the hospital to spend 3 hours drinking contrast (ICK!) and waiting for a 10 minute scan. We then high-tailed it to Pinkberry since I had to fast during the morning and was craving yogurt. A quick trip to Costco then back to pick up the kids, then off to the ball-park for a 7:30 game for Camden where we froze our socks off watching his team play very, very poorly. This seems to be a trend, by the way. Freezing our socks off and a very poorly played game.

On today's agenda is a shopping trip with my mom and Elizabeth. Dad is the designated babysitter and is staying home to watch Addison as well as take my kiddos to and from school. I'm also scheduled for a haircut which is always a highlight, and tonight we're all going to see a production of The Wizard of Oz. Sounds like a good day, right?

These two cuties played opposite each other Saturday. Emma's team won, of course, but we held them to 2 points which is a minor miracle. Rory got pummeled to the ground a couple of times by a big boy who likes to push, but she's a tough cookie and bounced right back up.
DSC_7795

Look at her red face - the girl plays hard! Oh, and check out the enormous snack bag. Always before, a bag of pretzels/fruit snacks, etc. plus a juice box was the snack (baseball and soccer) but this year in both sports, they're getting ziplock bags with 3-4 treats. Maybe that's why they can't play - too busy eating. Kidding.
DSC_7786


Comments

Tracee said…
I've been lurking so I'll introduce myself! I'm Tracee. I live in NW PA. I'm a misplaced Texan (Austin)...moved here 12 years ago but return to Austin several times a year as all my family is still there.

I have one daughter, Lillian who will be 10 tomorrow. We adopted her from China when she was 6 1/2 months old. I can't believe she's turning 10! Sob!!

I have had 14 abdominal surgeries in the past 6 years. Scar tissue is the story of my life. That and seromas, hernias, herniated bowels, bowel blockages, non-healing wounds, wound vacs, mesh placement, infected mesh, mesh removal, you get the picture. My entire belly has been reworked so many times you need a freaking roadmap.

The pain is frustrating. Most days I can only tolerate the pressure of underwear on my belly...if I'm lucky, maybe a pair of leggings or sweats. There is no way I can wear jeans or pants with a button. I live in a snowy and windy part of PA. Dresses aren't practical. Then again, because I am disabled (seizures), I don't have a drivers license and can't drive, so I only leave the house to go to the doctor.

Just wanted to offer up a little sympathy will the abdominal pain. Hope your CT comes back clean for you. Will be sending you some good juju. You guys will LOVE McKinney! I have some great friends who live there! Such a fun and family focused community!
Anonymous said…
Thinking of you...the pics are great. Can't wait to hear about your scan...just wanted to let you know I'm praying like crazy, girlie!

XoXo Claire Borrero
Monica said…
frozen socks and poor playing...maybe Camden's team just needs to play on hot days. Hope your weekend goes well and the inflammation has cleared up!
Vicky said…
Between your belly and my mastectomy site- oy... My onc attributes it to surgery and taking too much skin and stretching me too tight... the surgeon blames it on chemo not allowing it to heal, and the radiation one. took one look and said "oh you just need to fix that!" Sigh, if only it were that easy...

Love Rory's red face- even flush faced she is adorable!

Hoping the CT scan comes out okay! Praying, praying for good results!
Krista said…
Treats for soccer? We only get freezies.
That photo of the girls is so cute! And that snack bag?! CRAZY!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel