Delicious

While my family was visiting, we took a break from WW and made a few very delicious but bad-for-you recipes. Here's a rundown.

Pots de Creme by Pioneer Woman. In a word: WOWZA. Brian actually thought these were too chocolatey. Is that even possible? I think what he meant is that maybe they weren't sweet enough for him because of the espresso and very dark chocolate, but my mom and I thought they were out of this world amazing.

Slutty Brownies. Oh. My. Stars. These were a big hit all around and even better topped with a scoop of ice cream.


Pioneer Woman Rosemary Buttered Rolls. These were really delicious and super easy since they use frozen yeast rolls. Despite the fact that I love bread, we've been avoiding bread (and butter) because of Weight Watchers so these probably tasted better than normal.

Weight Watchers spaghetti sauce. This sauce along with some whole wheat angel hair spaghetti satisfied my pasta craving and is pretty good for you especially when made with lean, freshly ground, organic beef.

And as far as Weight Watchers is going, Brian has lost 15 lbs and looks great. I happen to keep losing/gaining the same 3 lbs over and over again which I find INFURIATING. Dr. W says we can blame early menopause/hormones for my lack of success despite following the WW food plan and regular exercise and that I should just keep it up. But I find it very discouraging. Life's too short to worry about weight, right? That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Comments

I think it's in my interest not to click any of those links... Right?!
Vicky said…
I think I gained a lb just reading :) I caught up on your posts and I am praying for that bit of stability to find you. A job for hubby and a new home for all of you with some permanence to it. And peace- praying for you to rest in peace that all of this will work out. Hope joy found you today :)
Anonymous said…
I am with you Melissa! I keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. It is due to my meds and hormones. My motto is to be comfortable in my own skin. I have fought a huge battle and who cares about the rest. I no longer sweat the small stuff or in this case the big stuff...haha.
Hang in there, you look fantastic and I am so extremely proud of you.

Terrah
RIGHT!! ;^)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5