Five on Friday (June 9, 2017)

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, 
even though you must endure many trials for a little while.
These trials will show that your faith is genuine.
It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold - though your faith is far more precious than mere gold.
So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much
praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. I Peter 1:6-7

I'll never be able to cover everything that's happened in the last several weeks in 5 paragraphs so I might fill in with some extra blog posts over the next week. Here are the highlights.

1. Memorial Day: my parents, grandparents, aunt and uncle drove down to spend the day with us, and it was delightful. I think I'll post pictures separately.

DSC_5628

DSC_5641

2. Mom and Dad stayed with the kids while Brian and I ran to Chattanooga for a quick 20th anniversary trip (separate blog post coming). We nearly didn't get to go because of a medical issue - Brian's, not mine! Thankfully, it was all good in the end and didn't slow us down at all.

3. Rory had her first sleepover last night, and the house was full of the sound of giggling 10-year olds. Kind of precious, equally exhausting. Camden was away at camp, and so it was the perfect time for extra girls in the house. They made their own pizzas for supper, had mani/pedis in the front yard, baked unicorn poop cupcakes at 10:00 (Camdyn and Ela are expert bakers), and in general spent an inordinate amount of time talking over each other and laughing. I also hear they stayed up until 5:00 talking. Sounds like a success to me.

DSC_5675

This one a little more accurately represents Rory's excitement :)
DSC_5672

Untitled

Untitled

(see how much smaller Rory is - she's a full year older)
Untitled

4. As just mentioned, Camden has been gone to camp this week. It's the first year he's gone alone, and the house feels so peaceful empty without him. ;) Brian is directing a week of camp this summer, but it's not Camden's week. As expected, he arrived home his afternoon completely exhausted, sick, but full of joy. This morning at camp breakfast, he grabbed extras of each of our favorite cereal to bring to us.

Untitled

5. Biggest news of the week is that I had a scan Tuesday and all is good, even showing a slight 5% decrease in tumors. My CA125 level also continues to drop. None of this changes my weekly chemo schedule, but it's nice to feel like maybe the treatments are working. I hear I'm the star patient of the clinical trial since I've had so few side effects (outside the standard fatigue, nausea, etc.), and we're moving into my 7th month of treatment. Unfortunately, the tumor shrinkage isn't occurring on the spot that gives me trouble, but we've settled into a good pain management routine. Rory was my little partner in crime both Tuesday and Wednesday and was SO excited to meet Dr. C.

Untitled

All 4 of us had a nap this afternoon which is clear evidence we are full throttle into summer. Happy weekend, friends!


Comments

fl_connie said…
Can I just say that I think you rock that bald look? Honest - that was my first thought when I saw the first picture on your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)